Thursday, March 26, 2009

a little bit of spring and kitchen re-do

Spring is in the air! I love this time of year. Birds singing and flowers blooming, fresh crisp air. I've just begun the Easter decorating around our house. Yesterday I went on the hunt for some cute things to add to our little home. Target has an abundance of plastic eggs, grass, and decorative bunnies. I picked up this cute little turquoise chubby chickie. Couldn't leave the store without him...he jumped in my cart. And the little nest with tiny eggs was sent to me by my SWEET friend in Oregon. Chickie found his home next to the nest. He seems to be saying "Mama, are you up there?" The white bird cage was a Good Will find for $4.99. Didn't need a paint job, just cleaned her up a bit. For now, she's sitting on top of the fridge.





Kitchen re-do. Well, we bit the bullet and decided to paint the kitchen cabinets. Being that we rent this house, we had to first pass it by our landlord. I thought she would be against it, but to my surprise told me I could "do what I want with them." Yippee! To Home Depot I flew to find the right shade of white. Yes, there are lots of shades of white. I ended up choosing Behr Antique White (eggshell). We applied 2 coats. On the walls I went just a shade darker and chose Behr Cottage White (satin). What a beautiful difference fresh paint made on our once very small dark kitchen. It instantly brightened the room up and made it look bigger. After the painting was done, something was missing. Hmmm...ah ha! The cabs looked bare. For some reason, the designers of the kitchens in our development decided not to put hardware on the cabs/drawers. This makes it difficult to open them and leaves grimey finger prints on them. Solution? New hardware! Back to Home Depot to browse the handle and drawer pull isle. I found the perfect match. Dark brushed brass handles for the cupboards and knobs for the drawers. Wow! Love it.





Pic of the Day - Long-haired middle son's 14th birthday celebration this month. Where does the time go? Seems like yesterday we brought him home from the hospital. What a sweetheart he is. So sensitive. My drama king. Our daily entertainment. He loves to make us laugh. Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with our son.

No comments:

Post a Comment