Thursday, March 26, 2009

pop of color

Now that I have a fresh, clean slate in my white kitchen how great would it be to play with a pop of color? That's the fun part of adding accessories to a room. I'm falling in love with turquoise lately.

For instance, my little turquoise chubby chickie from Target...



Or this oh so fab turquoise mixer from the Martha Stewart line at Macy's...


Oh wait, I already have a white one. Too bad these mixers have a lifespan of FOREVER! Hmmm...I might just have to hand mine down to my sweet little Sis to make room for a new one. A girl can dream can't she?

Candles are a fun inexpensive way to add color to a room. I saw some pretty votive holders at Cost Plus. Just change out the candles for different seasons/moods!

Pic of the Day - I adore chocolate. Especially cupcakes like this one. Home made frosting on anything and I'm in heaven. Chocolate frosting on fudgey brownies - ooh la la. When I was a little girl, we lived down the street from the "Hostess Man" - he was awesome. Knowing we had two little girls in our house, Hostess Man would leave little presents on our doorstep. Bags of miscellaneous treats. I loved opening up my lunchbox and finding a Ding Dong for dessert. I was the envy of the 1st grade lunch table.

No comments:

Post a Comment